POPI or POPIA Act: means the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act 4 of 2013) adopted by the Republic of South Africa on 26 November 2013 and as amended from time to time.
Poolwise is committed to your rights of privacy and therefore we will adhere and comply with the legal requirements of the POPI Act, which regulates the way that we collect, manage, process, store, share and destroy any of your personal information, which you have provided to us.
By using Poolwise services whether via the web, social media pages, electronic, telephonic or in person we will record certain information from you. The information which we collect and record is limited to:
- Your Name and surname
- Contact number
- email address
- physical address
- Identification numbers
- Banking details
- Other personal information
Processing of Information
The information which Poolwise gathers from you will be used for the following purposes:
- Providing you with contractually agreed services
- Arranging for our various divisions to make contact with you regarding a query which you have submitted
- To enable us to provide you with goods or services as requested by yourself
- Provide historical statistics or information relating to your business transactions with Poolwise
- For the purposes on which you contacted us
- For the attending to of any complaint resolutions, resolving and tracking work which may be future planned, current or past done
Poolwise will share your information under the following circumstances:
- We will share your personal information if compelled to by any applicable law, or with any legal process served on our company
- In order to protect and defend the rights of our Intellectual Property or our trade secrets
- To certain of our employees for assigned services
- To our company directors
- If you have provided us with an instruction to attend to a warranty call, investigation of a warranty / guarantee claim, requiring the services of a specialist which is contracted to Poolwise for servicing your request
- Banks for the purposes of financial instructions issued by yourself
- Third party verification agencies and credit bureau
- Collection agencies
- Treat your information as strictly confidential
- Take appropriate measures to ensure that your information is kept secure and is protected against
- Unauthorised access
- Unlawful processing
- Accidental Loss
- Promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information.
- Ensure that any manufacturer, supplier or specialist that is contracted to Poolwise is compliant with the procedures as set out in the POPI Act and that they treat your information in the same basis that Poolwise does.
Although we take all precautions in protecting your personal information, we shall however not be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever arising , suffered as a result of the disclosure of such information if outside our reasonable control.
- You have the right at any time to:
- Rectify the personal information collected by us
- Object to the processing of Personal Information (Subject to legislation)
- Request the return or destruction of Personal Information (Subject to legislation)
- Lodge a complaint with the company. The Personal Information processed by us is not routed / transferred to a third party or International Organisation
Contact Details of Poolwise Compliancy Officer:
Poolwise’s compliancy officer can be contacted on either their email address, cell phone number or in person by obtaining the details from our Contact Us page.